Re: error: Could not copy message

Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> I currently run mutt 1.5.11 and there's one message from the "XTerm, UTF-8 and
> fonts" thread I can't open:
>
>     From: Stephan Seitz <nur-ab-sal@xxxxxx>
>     To: mutt-users <mutt-users@xxxxxxxx>
>     Subject: Re: XTerm, UTF-8 and fonts
>
> mutt tells me "Could not copy message" and that's about it.
>
> A while ago, I think I was using a different version of mutt by then, I had
> the same effect.
>
> The only similarity I see, is that this and the message a while ago are both
> PGP signed, something my mutt usally doesn't have a problem with, so I don't
> consider it to be really useful in finding the problem.
>
> Any idea how I could track this down? What should I look out for?

Are you using 1.5.11 as released or a version from CVS?  1.5.11 as
released and available via ftp/http has a bug that can cause this.
It's since been squashed in more recent CVS (sorry, I don't recall the
bug number).

I pulled CVS from the beginning of April and I haven't seen the "Could
not copy message" error since.

CORRUPTISSIMA RE PUBLICA PLURIMAE LEGES
The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates.
    -- Tacitus