Re: Reading UTF-8 Mail (was Re: e-mail encoding/formatting)

Hello Richard and Kyle,

 On Monday, May 1, 2006 at 19:01:54 -0400, Kyle Wheeler wrote:

> On Monday, May  1 at 02:06 PM, quoth Richard Cobbe:
>> Mac OS X 10.4.6.
>> Mutt 1.4.2.1i (2004-02-12)
> Hmm, I use the mutt out of CVS... I believe they both auto-detect the
> charset, but I've never tested it.

    Both Mutt versions auto-detect the charset of the current locale,
since MacOS 10.3 Panther. So Richard should *not* set $charset in
muttrc.

>> +LOCALES_HACK

    This build option (./configure --enable-locales-fix) is an ugly hack
to workaround FUBAR broken systems. It is both useless since at least
MacOS 10.2 Jaguar, and unfriendly to UTF-8. You should drop it (even if
it is possibly not linked to your problem), and perhaps inform the
packager (Fink?).

Bye!    Alain.
--
Everything about locales on Sven Mascheck's excellent site at new
location <URL:http://www.in-ulm.de/~mascheck/locale/>. The little tester