Re: e-mail encoding/formatting (was Re: Split-screen mode in mutt?)

* Derek Martin <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I use UTF-8, so your choice of encoding does not any longer annoy
> me, other than philisophically; however I know a lot of people who
> are not native English speakers, and have to deal with this problem
> all the time.  It sucks for them, and I sympathize.  It's been
> brought up twice in the last month; that should make it clear that
> you are, in fact, causing difficulties for people.  For every
> person who speaks up, how many do not?
>
> Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

I agree. The emphasis in this matter clearly is on usability and not
on what's technically possible.

While reading Stephan's reply somehow the image of "All your base are
belong to UTF-8!" popped into my mind, even in curly quotes.

Nevermind ;-)

--
left blank, right bald