Re: which version removed 'followable' links functionality?

On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 01:37:55AM -0700, Gary Johnson wrote:
> On 2006-04-08, gj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 08, 2006 at 10:10:04AM +0200, Thomas Roessler wrote:
>
> > > the functionality is available using urlview now.
> >
> > Yes, I know.  I dislike urlview, and using a gnome-terminal style approach
> > URLs is not an option for me.  Frankly, I just want mutt to work in the
> > manner
> > that Pine treats links, which I find commonsensical and realistic.  The only
> > thing holding me back from using mutt wholeheartedly is the pedantic
> > treatment
> > of URLs.
> >

> Will this help?
>
>     http://www.spocom.com/users/gjohnson/mutt/#w3m
>
> I know it's not as convenient as having link-following built-in, but
> I find using w3m much easier than using urlview.

That's actually precisely what I've been resorting to for a while now.  Its
starting to be a hassle because of w3m reveals all of the extraneous headers
and such that I instruct mutt to hide. On mailing lists' emails this can mean
a not inconsiderable amount of scrolling/searching.

Thanks,
Gerald