Re: which version removed 'followable' links functionality?

On Sat, Apr 08, 2006 at 10:10:04AM +0200, Thomas Roessler wrote:

> > This webpage:
> >
> > http://mutt.blackfish.org.uk/following-links/
> >
> > mentions that the functionality to follow links was removed from mutt at
> > some
> > point.  Which version was that?

> Some version 5 or 7 or 8 years ago or so

Hm.  Well that doesn't narrow it down very much at all.

> the functionality is available using urlview now.

Yes, I know.  I dislike urlview, and using a gnome-terminal style approach to
URLs is not an option for me.  Frankly, I just want mutt to work in the manner
that Pine treats links, which I find commonsensical and realistic.  The only
thing holding me back from using mutt wholeheartedly is the pedantic treatment
of URLs.

Thanks,
Gerald.