Re: Mutt marking read spam as unread before saving (bogofilter)

On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 06:45:49PM -0700, Gary Johnson wrote:
> On 2006-04-07, Carthik Sharma <carthik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 4/6/06, Carthik Sharma <carthik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > I use some bogofilter macros to help re-categorize mail as spam or ham
> > > when miscategorized.
> > >
> > > The problem is that the messages I open to read in, say my Inbox, and
> > > then mark as spam with, Shift+S end up in the .spam mailbox as
> > > expected, but marked as NEW. Is there a way I can prevent this from
> > > happening. I include the macros below.
> >
> > Did I leave something out? Can I provide more info? Please ask if that
> > is the case. Again, the problem is how to prevent Mutt from marking
> > read messages as Unread before saving after refiltering through
> > bogofilter.
>
> My first thought is:  why do you care?

[...]

So, I was surprised when I saw this message all neatly formatted,
since when I get mail from people at gmail, it ends up a nearly
unintelligible mess, like this:

On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 07:55:45PM -0400, Carthik Sharma wrote:
> On 4/6/06, Carthik Sharma <carthik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:> Fellow Mutt users :)>>
> I use some bogofilter macros to help re-categorize mail as spam or ham> when
> miscategorized.>> The problem is that the messages I open to read in, say my
> Inbox, and> then mark as spam with, Shift+S end up in the .spam mailbox as>
> expected, but marked as NEW. Is there a way I can prevent this from>
> happening. I include the macros below.>
> Did I leave something out? Can I provide more info? Please ask if thatis the
> case. Again, the problem is how to prevent Mutt from markingread messages as
> Unread before saving after refiltering throughbogofilter.
> Thanks,Carthik.

So my question is, did it actually come out all jumbled for you and
you cleaned it up?  Or, did you just edit the quoted message yourself,
to make it more readable?  I often get mail from people at gmail, so
if it's my configuration that's broken, I'd really like to fix it...

-=-=-=-=-