Re: apostrophes showing as ?

On (14:23 06/04/06), Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx> put forth the
proposition:
> * Christian Ebert <blacktrash@xxxxxxx> [04-06-06 14:04]:
> > set charset=ISO-8859-1//TRANSLIT
>
> yes, this works for me, as does: set charset="//TRANSLIT"
>
> > or, if you want eg. EUR (Euro):
> >
> > set charset=ISO-8859-15//TRANSLIT
> >

> --
> Patrick Shanahan                        Registered Linux User #207535
> http://wahoo.no-ip.org                        @ http://counter.li.org
> HOG # US1244711         Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2

It seems I'm spoiled for choice here :) . What I need is to have apostrophes
and other characters display correctly, including the British £ (pound)
and € (euro) symbols. I will try out some of the other charset settings,
but I quite like the colours of uxterm, which seem a little sharper than
other terms.

I've discovered today that my locale is set to en_us and I would prefer it
to be en_gb, but quite what effect this may have on other things on my
system I've yet to discover.

Thanks for all the replies.

--
"Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow you may work."