Re: apostrophes showing as ?

Hello David,

 On Thursday, April 6, 2006 at 1:53:14 +0100, David Woodfall wrote:

> When I view some emails I find ' replaced by qestion marks

    Like <’>, in this or in Kyle’s mails? So probably your terminal’s
charset has some lacking characters… The best solution would be to use a
better terminal, with a CP-1252 or UTF-8 charset, and of course the
corresponding system locale. Otherwise you could try iconv’s
transliterations by appending "//TRANSLIT" to the $charset value.

    Procmail “solutions” unreversibly modifying the original mails can
very well turn to be destructive by accident. Rather dangerous.

> I've tried using various ansi/non-ansi fonts

    What do you mean exactly?

Bye!    Alain.
--
Everything about locales on Sven Mascheck's excellent site at new
location <URL:http://www.in-ulm.de/~mascheck/locale/>. The little tester