Re: apostrophes showing as ?

On (14:26 06/04/06), Alain Bench <veronatif@xxxxxxx> put forth the proposition:
> Hello David,
>
>  On Thursday, April 6, 2006 at 1:53:14 +0100, David Woodfall wrote:
>
> > When I view some emails I find ' replaced by qestion marks
>
>     Like <?>, in this or in Kyle?s mails?

Kyle's are a good example Also I see Kyle's as Kyle?s.

> So probably your terminal?s
> charset has some lacking characters? The best solution would be to use a
> better terminal, with a CP-1252 or UTF-8 charset, and of course the
> corresponding system locale. Otherwise you could try iconv?s
> transliterations by appending "//TRANSLIT" to the $charset value.

I've tried Aterm, Xterm and a normal VT by switching from X with
ctrl-alt-F6. I probably need to read up on charsets I guess.

>     Procmail ?solutions? unreversibly modifying the original mails can
> very well turn to be destructive by accident. Rather dangerous.
>

> > I've tried using various ansi/non-ansi fonts
>
>     What do you mean exactly?

I usually start mutt with:

aterm -fn helvetica -g 125x45 +tr -e mutt -f ~/mail/dave
I have tried -fn sabvga and also the default vga font.

--
I am more bored than you could ever possibly be.  Go back to work.