Messages not marked new

I'm running Mutt 1.5.11+cvs20060126 (2006-01-26) on Debian Sid and
Courier imap 3.0.8-4sarge4 on, well, Debian Sarge with mail in Maildir
format.  I always connect with imaps.

Lately I've been noticing that I'll read some mail, and then at a
later time when I start Mutt again that same mail is marked "N" again.

I have not been able to reproduce it consistently, but it seems what
happens is I have a mailbox open on one machine and then later open
and read and even delete mail on another machine and then exit Mutt.
Then later, I open that mailbox/folder again and the mail is still
there and still marked New.

Again, this is a new behavior over the last few months.  Does this
sound familiar to anyone?  Should I suspect it's a problem with
Courier or Mutt?  Any debugging suggestions?

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@xxxxxxxx