Re: can't save the message with 'ZZ' under vim

On Sunday, March 26 at 06:48 PM, quoth phyrster:
I am using vim as an editor for mutt. Sometimes I thought it convenient just
to press ZZ to save the message and send it. But when it is launched by
mutt, ZZ key press only result in a unsaved/unaltered message.
What is wrong here?

I also have this keymap for vim in .vimrc, but it doesn't function properly
with mutt either.
map <F6> :up<CR>:q<CR>    " Save and exit
map <F8> :q!<CR>          " Just quit

Sounds like you have some funky things going on in your vim. Mutt calls vim with a temporary file, and expects that temporary file to be different when vim exits. This is probably a question to ask on the vim list. (for what it’s worth, I use vim for my mutt editor, and have for several years)

~Kyle
--
In any conversation where only one side may be argued, we instinctively assume that those who publicly defend the official position are motivated by ideology and not by an interest in truth. The outlawed position is then assumed to be true, and wins by default.
                                              -- Fr. Andrew Hamilton SJ