Re: how to view MS files within mutt?

On 2006-03-10, phyrster <phyrster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>
> I put this line in mailcap
>
> application/msword;  mutt_bgrun oowriter %s; test=RunningX
>
>       RunningX: command not found

This is just a command that someone wrote to determine whether mutt
is running under X so that you won't try to run a program that can't
run and so that the mailcap rules can choose one viewer to use for X
and another to use when X is not available.  See

    http://www.spocom.com/users/gjohnson/mutt/#mime

as I suggested previously.  That also shows you where to get
RunningX and has an alternative to RunningX that usually works.

> Also, under urxvt mutt tends to run automatically run oowriter. Is it
> possible that I autoview msword with antiword by default while use 'v' and
> hit enter to modify ms doc files with oowriter?

Yes.  See the above article and this,

    http://www.spocom.com/users/gjohnson/mutt/#office

which gives some particular examples for handling MS Office
attachments.  In your case, just replace "word2text" with "antiword"
and "qvpview" with "oowriter".

Regards,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division