Re: how to view MS files within mutt?

On 17:38 Thu 09 Mar 2006, Gary Johnson wrote:

> mutt_bgrun is a script that puts the viewer in the background so
> that mutt can continue to run while you view the attachment.  More
> information and the script itself can be found here:
>
>     http://www.spocom.com/users/gjohnson/mutt/#background

Thank you for your prompt reply. It worked very well. Now I have another
problem: when I use xzgv to view attached pictures, it is ok. But when I use
zgv to view them, I got this error:

        zgv: you must be the owner of the current console to run zgv.

How to slove this problem? I am using mutt under urxvt and I thought it is
convenient that I can just view the pictures under mutt's pager. Is it
possible? I also want to try xv as suggested in your webpage, but right now I
got a broken package under Debian sid:

        The following packages have unmet dependencies.
          xv: Depends: libtiff3g but it is not installable
          E: Broken packages

so I might as well use zgv for inline view or do you know any other console
image viewer that has an autofit feature?

--
regards
phyrster

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is
lightly greased.
                -- Kehlog Albran, "The Profit"