Re: Weird character in From: causes mutt to not extract reply address?

Hi Toby, Charles,

 On Wednesday, February 22, 2006 at 17:01:03 +0100, Tobia Conforto wrote:

> it probably refers to ISO-8859-1 character 0xE6 or «æ», Latin Small
> Letter AE.

    I would bet on "Ostović" with a Latin-2 small c acute.

> There might also be some Mutt option to enable a fallback charset for
> 8-bit headers

    With the appropriate patch, that would be:

| unset strict_mime
| set assumed_charset="iso-8859-2"

    But outside of east Europe, this is probably not a sensible default
setting for every day use. Could be happily folder-hooked though, if
applicable.

Bye!    Alain.
--
A "Reply-To:" header field pointing to the same email address
as the "From:" is uselessly redundant: A loss of space.