Re: how to debug (and fix) mutt?

On 2006-02-22, Gary Johnson wrote:
> On 2006-02-22, Bram Mertens <bram-mertens@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Can I add some options to add more logging?  Mutt is unusable like this
> > at the moment.
>
> If you configured mutt with --enable-debug, mutt should dump a
> debuggable core file when it segfaults.  The stack backtrace from
> the core file may provide more insight than the log file.

According to the debian/rules file below the mutt source dir mutt is
built with --enable-debug but no core file is produced.  At least not
where I'm looking for it, core files are dumped in the current dir,
right?

Can I start mutt from a debugger to get a stacktrace that way?

Regards

Bram

--
# Mertens Bram "M8ram"   <bram-mertens@xxxxxxxx>   Linux User #349737 #
# debian testing            kernel 2.6.12-1-686    i686     512MB RAM #