Re: how to debug (and fix) mutt?

Gary Johnson wrote:
On 2006-02-21, Bram Mertens <bram-mertens@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I performed a dist-upgrade today, updating everything to the latest
version.

Then I rebuilt the mutt package after installing the required packages.
Building went fine but still mutt segfaults when I try to send a message
and while opening (large) Maildir mailboxes.

Is there anything else I can provide to find the source of this problem?

Running mutt -d 9 doesn't provide any more detail than -d 3 does.
However it might be a good idea to add a warning that debugging at level
9 causes the user's password to be dumped as clear text to the
.muttdebug0 file!

Did you run "make distclean" and configure again before you rebuilt mutt? The output of configure is cached and may contain references to libraries and such as they were before you installed the new packages. I don't know for sure if this could be the problem in your case, but it has bitten me before.

To be sure you have a clean build, execute

    make distclean
    ./configure <your configure options>
    make
    make install

I used dpkg-buildpackage from a new directory and tried again today but it didn't make a difference...

I've got the output of the build (captured with script) in case that might be useful.

Can I add some options to add more logging? Mutt is unusable like this at the moment.

Regards

Bram