mairix, was Re: Reading mail stored in a DB

Jason,

Thanks for mentioning mairix.  This works quite well for
me.  A search can turn up thousands of hits in seconds,
and it fills my match folder also in a matter of seconds.
This seems to be about as good as having the mail stored
in a database!  Mairix also indexes my 70 thousand plus
messages in under a minute.

Do you run mairix with a cron job to keep the index current?

As a rough guess to start with, I set cron jobs to run mairix every 10
minutes, and once a day to run "mairix -p".

--Emil

[...skipping...]

--
Emil Volcheck