Re: scrollbar is sluggish

Am 2005-12-14 14:04 +0100 schrieb Sander Smeenk:

> Rather strange.

Funny thing is that the scrollbar moves as fast as usual in a pop
mailbox with ~50 mails.
Also traffic on our connection seems not related because it seems that
the movement is _constantly_ slow (~10 lines per second).

> If mutt is the only tool which you notice this behaviour with, it's not
> likely to be a connection problem. It's just plain weird.

Yes, it is the only tool. I used Wanderlust before which also caches the
headers local and behaved as fast as usual.

> Moving a scrollbar is like 4 bytes out and 1024 bytes in or something.
> If mutt even does a full screen refresh on moving the selectionbar. I
> don't know, but it's nothing spectacular...
>
> Do you use ssh?

No, the mutt runs local in a xterm, the connection is per imap-ssl to
remote imap mailbox, as the pop mailbox also.
I use 3 imap mailboxers this way, the others are not concerned. Only the
one I collect mail mailing list emails in.

GPG KeyID EF62FCEF
Fingerprint: 13C9 B16B 9844 EC15 CC2E  A080 1E69 3FDA EF62 FCEF