s/mime from the command line

For some reason I can send an encrypted s/mime message to myself (another mailbox) using mutt if I open mutt and use the command keys:

$ mutt
To:me@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: blah
Message Goes here....
wq

But if I attempt to do this on one line (batchmode), like this:
$ mutt  -s "This is a test" me@xxxxxxx < message.txt

Doesn't mutt still read the .muttrc file?

My ultimate goal here is to configure my server to use mutt to forward all system mail to me at my workstation encrypted with my Entrust key.

(perhaps procmail)??

Any advice on that goal would also be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Mark

----------------------------------
Mutt 1.5.6i (2004-02-01)
Copyright (C) 1996-2002 Michael R. Elkins and others.
Mutt comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `mutt -vv'.
Mutt is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `mutt -vv' for details.

System: Linux 2.6.5-7.201-smp (x86_64) [using ncurses 5.4]
Compile options:
-DOMAIN
-DEBUG
-HOMESPOOL  -USE_SETGID  +USE_DOTLOCK  -DL_STANDALONE
+USE_FCNTL  -USE_FLOCK
+USE_POP  +USE_IMAP  -USE_GSS  +USE_SSL  +USE_SASL  +USE_SASL2
+HAVE_REGCOMP  -USE_GNU_REGEX  +COMPRESSED
+HAVE_COLOR  +HAVE_START_COLOR  +HAVE_TYPEAHEAD  +HAVE_BKGDSET
+HAVE_CURS_SET  +HAVE_META  +HAVE_RESIZETERM
+CRYPT_BACKEND_CLASSIC_PGP +CRYPT_BACKEND_CLASSIC_SMIME -CRYPT_BACKEND_GPGME +BUFFY_SIZE -EXACT_ADDRESS -SUN_ATTACHMENT +ENABLE_NLS -LOCALES_HACK +HAVE_WC_FUNCS +HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET +HAVE_LANGINFO_YESEXPR +HAVE_ICONV -ICONV_NONTRANS -HAVE_LIBIDN +HAVE_GETSID +HAVE_GETADDRINFO
-ISPELL
SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
MAILPATH="/var/mail"
PKGDATADIR="/usr/share/mutt"