Re: How to display format=flowed?

On Wednesday, October 12 at 11:55 AM, quoth David Champion:
* On 2005.10.12, in <22232.1129119346@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
*       "Daniel Hertrich" <daniel.hertrich@xxxxxx> wrote:
Is there any way to let mutt display messages nicely on displays _narrower_ than 80 columns?

I regularly get non-format=flowed mail with no line breaks in the
paragraphs.  My fix for this might help you as well:

Filtering through par is a pretty nifty solution. I'm a little picky, though... I would change your perl script like so (to avoid problems with attribution lines and signatures):

   #!/usr/bin/env perl

   use strict;

   my $cols = `tput cols`; chomp $cols;
!   my $fmt = "env PARINIT='rTbgqR B=.,?_A_a P=_s Q=>|}' par w${cols}Th"
# skip header block
   while (<STDIN>) {
       print;
       last if (/^$/);
   }

   # reflow the body
!   open (OUT, "| $fmt");
   while (<STDIN>) {
!       if (/^-- $/) {
!           close(OUT);
!           print "$_";
!           open(OUT, "| $fmt");
!       } else {
!           print OUT "$_";
!       }
   }
   close(OUT);

~Kyle
--
Truth is not determined by a majority vote.
                                                   -- Pope Benedict XVI