Re: mutt / fetchmail mail size limit

* Charles Cazabon <mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [27-09-2005 16:30]:

> Daniel Hertrich <daniel.hertrich@xxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > For the mutt part, you should be able to 'l'imit the view of a mailbox
> > > to mails that are larger than a certain amount (see the ~z pattern in
> > > section 4.2 of the manual).
> >
> > Thanks, but makes no sense for me, since if the large mail are in
> > the mutt mailbox already, it should also be displayed everything.
> > The point is to save money and time by limiting the download of
> > large mails.

Sorry, I was mistakenly assuming that you were using mutt over IMAP to
view the mail folder.  Then you can fetch all the headers, which will
build the index.  Subsequently, you can use the limit function I
suggested to view only those messages that match your criteria, and
then download them..

> getmail trivially supports limiting retrieved messages by maximum
> size.  Consider using it instead of fetchmail; you can find it at
> the site in my .sig.

I forgot to mention that in my previous mail as well - thanks Charles!

--
René Clerc                      - (rene@xxxxxxxx) - PGP: 0x9ACE0AC7