Re: mutt to show hi-bit chars once & for all?

* Russell Hoover <rj@xxxxxxxxx> [09-17-05 02:38]:

> mutt does not display high-bit characters for me, as I think it should.
>
> vim is beautiful, because it does display the high-bit characters.
>
> If I send myself an e-mail using mutt, composing it in vim, where I type
> (for example) the letter "a" with an umlaut, and the letter "o" with an
> umlaut, as I compose, I see these chars correctly with their umlauts in
> vim.

see http://wahoo.no-ip.org/~pat/mutt.display.jpg

 pat@wahoo:~> grep charset .muttrc
 #set charset="iso-8859-1"       # character set for your terminal

 pat@wahoo:~> locale
 LANG=en_US
 LC_CTYPE="en_US"
 LC_NUMERIC="en_US"
 LC_TIME="en_US"
 LC_COLLATE="en_US"
 LC_MONETARY="en_US"
 LC_MESSAGES="en_US"
 LC_PAPER="en_US"
 LC_NAME="en_US"
 LC_ADDRESS="en_US"
 LC_TELEPHONE="en_US"
 LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US"
 LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US"
 LC_ALL=

Perhaps, you are trying to jump thru tooo many hooops??
HOG # US1244711         Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2