Re: mairix and symlinks

    0n Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 10:22:10PM +0930, Ian Wat wrote:

    >I've been using mairix to index and search my mail.  I use Maildir so
    >the match folder is populated with symlinks to the correct e-mail.  The
    >problem I've run into is that modifying a message in that match folder
    >doesn't modify the real message.  For example, deleting a message will
    >just delete the symlink.
    >
    >It's possible to script mutt such that entering some keystroke will take
    >me to the correct message in the correct folder.  Would this be the best
    >approach or am I missing something here?

I would actually recommend nmzmail rather than mairix.

    nmzmail is a tool to use the namazu2 search engine from within the mutt
    mail reader to search mail stored in maildir folders. Based on the
    result of the namazu query, nmzmail generates a maildir folder
    containing symbolic links to the mails matching the query. A simple
    mutt
    macro makes easy to use nmzmail from within mutt.

    Features:
                    * fast mail searching even with large number of mails
                    * incremental index building
                    * rich query language including regular expressions
                    * (see the
                      namazu documentation)
                    * integrates nicely into mutt
                    * query history