mairix and symlinks

I've been using mairix to index and search my mail.  I use Maildir so
the match folder is populated with symlinks to the correct e-mail.  The
problem I've run into is that modifying a message in that match folder
doesn't modify the real message.  For example, deleting a message will
just delete the symlink.

It's possible to script mutt such that entering some keystroke will take
me to the correct message in the correct folder.  Would this be the best
approach or am I missing something here?

Sincerely,

Ian Wat

--
                                            _
 Ian J Wat                                 ( )   ASCII ribbon campaign