Re: header caching

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 07:55:51PM -0400, Ken Weingold wrote:

> Would this hcache directory take up a lot of disk space?

I haven't used it in a while... but of course it depends on how much
mail you have. A db file is created for each folder as you access it. As
a /rough/ point of reference, I checked and the ~/hcache directory was
about 59 Mb on the mail server at my last work.... but that's including
some pretty large folders - and I don't have the mailbox (a spam
mailbox) corresponding to the largest header caching db anymore.

You can, of course, periodically hose these files, though they will be
recreated if you open the folder again.