Re: Advantages/disadvantages of various mbox types

On Wednesday, July 13 at 08:57 PM, quoth Chris Green:
True that the GNU grep -r extension is not portable. But it is convenient. And you can always install the GNU utilities on your system.

I can, but as I said previously this is a work system so I can't do quite exactly what I like with it. It is often a requirement that our systems are 'very standard' which, in our case, means default Solaris utilities.

Isn't this essentially like saying "MySQL isn't as good as flat-files because it doesn't ship with Solaris"?

~Kyle
--
Despite my 30 years of research into the feminine soul, I have not yet been able to answer the great question that has never been answered: What does a woman want?
                                                       -- Sigmund Freud