Re: Saving outgoing messages.

On 2005-07-08 16:54:17, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> If you didn't know this earlier, this is a method to print the current
> content of a variable: in mutt, press `:' (enter-command), and say set
> ?<varname> to print the current value of the variable. I got this from
> the manual!

I didnt know that ... thx ... that can help me ;-))
I thought you have 'set ?folder: folder = "lalala"' standing in your
muttrc. I was dealing with that problem some days ago, so I meant to be
the right man to answer you ... I misunderstood that ...

> And the problem is solved! I bet that the people will feel like
> kicking me (I felt like kicking myself!). The culprit was this line in
> my muttrc:
>
> set copy=no
>
> which I promptly changed to yes, and, lo and behold, things started
> working!

... could be worth a kick ;-)) (not really!!), but somebody need to come
across that combination of settings to show what could happen if ...

> On a more serious note, I'd like to request the manual maintainer to
> mention this in the description of the variable "$record", as this had
> me fooled for a long time. There isn't a word about copy in the
> description of $record, and I'd say that it is necessary
> (comments?). And I'm sorry for overlooking this; pardon the novice!

I agree ... there is no word in the other $record related
setting-descriptions too ($force_name, $save_name, fcc_hook,
fcc_save_hook). It would be worth a small note on the $record
setting-description.

Heino