Re: Mutt strating up.

Angelina Carlton wrote:

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 05:48:00PM +0200, Erik Jakobsen wrote:

# echo $MAIL
/var/spool/mail/root

Ok, well this means you did "echo $MAIL" as root, switch to your
normal user account and do the command again, most likely it should
say /var/spool/mail/erikja

You are right. as user it looks like this:

erikja@lajka3:~> echo $MAIL
/var/spool/mail/erikja

I'm using SuSE Linux 9.2. Yes I indeed need a guide :-)
What tutorial did you use ?.

I used this one:
http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~lativyn/articles/debian-mutt/
but this is specific to Debian. You need a similar guide but for SuSE.
I cant help you with that as I havent used SuSE since 7.0.
Perhaps there is a SuSE mailing list or forum you can search?

Ok, Yes there is a mailinglist, where I can ask for the guide.

good luck!
Thanks, and thanks for the help