Re: mutt, maildir and slowness...

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 05:24:37PM +0000, Josef Karthauser wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 05:55:51PM +0100, Thomas Glanzmann wrote:
> >
> > have a look at the maildir header cache for mutt[1]. I don't know if for
> > mutt-1.5.8 maildir inode sort is disabled or not. However if it isn't
> > and you use maildir header cache, disable it.
> >
> > Don't forget to 'unset maildir_header_cache_verify'.
> >
> > [1] http://wwwcip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~sithglan/mutt/
> >

> Yay! :) Exactically what I was looking for :).

Ok, I've installed it and it is definitely making an improvement, but
not the one that I was looking for.  The specific mailbox I have has a
few large emails in it.  When I cursor over them in the index window the
amount of time it takes (to go up one message say) still appears to be
proportional to the size of the email, whereas it ought to be
proportional to the number of headers no?

These are the changes I made in the .muttrc:

    set header_cache=~/Mail/cache
    unset maildir_header_cache_verify

Joe
--