Re: variables in muttrc

* Sunday 20.03.2005 at 15:12 CET, Rainer Bendig aka Ny (lists@xxxxxxxx) wrote:
for delivering mails to my remote smtp-servers iam using a small
programm named "esmtp". Is it possible to say mutt "Hey look, if i
write $maildev i mean "esmtp -and -a -whole -of -params" ?

Hi. I don't know whether there's possibility to refer to mutt's internal
variables, but (as the manual states clearly) you can easily access UNIX
environmental variables, using the syntax "$maildev" given above. Just
define:

export maildev="esmtp -and -a -whole -of -params"

somewhere in your .shrc and enjoy. By the way, do you really need to do
so? I think that there ain't a lot of places besides $sendmail where
such information would be required.

Best regards, Michal