Re: Irritating Reply-To header on editing mail

On 20/03/05 10.25, Will Yardley wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 06:12:23PM +0100, Eric Smith wrote:
>
> > In my editor two lines above this word are the following lines:
> >
> > From: Eric Smith <es@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > To: mutt-users <mutt-users@xxxxxxxx>
> > Bcc:
> > Subject: Irritating Reply-To header on editing
> > I do not want to see the Reply-To.
> >
> > How do I remove it?
>
> Edit the mutt source?

Another option is to write a wrapper script for your editor.

Something like:
  #!/bin/sh
  mv $1 $1.old                      #Move mutts temporary file
  grep -v '^Reply-To:' $1.old > $1  #Remove Reply-To
  touch --reference=$1.old $1       #Make new temp file right age
  rm $1.old                         #Remove old temp file
  $MUTT_EDITOR $1                   #Edit file

where $MUTT_EDITOR is replaced with your editor setting in .muttrc and
proper error-checking and -handling is added.

/dossen
--
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
                -- Albert Einstein