[OT] "From_" header

 Hi all,

 From time to time I copy some messages through an IMAP server.
 Messages arrive in a mbox file. The "From_" header is (re)writen
 on place (by netscape) using current date and time, even if messages
 were older. When I look at the mbox file with mutt, those old
 messages are sorted as new.

 Question, how do I rewrite the "From_" header at the beggining of the
 message using the date from "Date: " header and the e-mail address
 from "From: " header? I would be interessed by a script or something
 sililar. I have no knowledge of perl or silimar. Can I try
 mbox2maildir folowwed by maildir2mbox or all mail will get today's
 date? :-(

 Till now I use vim to make the changes, but I got sick of doing this
 manually...

 Thank you for your help.

 Regdars,
 Ionel

P.S. My mutt sort the messages by thread and then by date from the
"From_ " header, and it display the date also from the "From_" header
as well :-( Why? Why not the date from "Date: " header?

bucovina: ~> grep sort .muttrc
set sort_re=yes
set sort=threads                    # primary sorting method
set sort_aux=last-date              # date of the last message in thread
set sort_aux=reverse-date-received  # how to sort subthreads