Re: regex 101 misunderstanding

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at  7:07:07PM -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > So, I guess my question is really: How can we make a regex in
> > Mutt that'll match things in those continued headers?
>
> I believe that I would use procmail to identify interesting posts
> and formail to add an X-Header noting the particular interest, then
> use that header for the mutt regex search.

Procmail/formail are certainly egrepping powerhouses, and the tool
of choice for most email work.  The situation that prompted this
thread was my need to do sanity checks on procmail recipes; did
something with a particular address make its way into the spam trash?

It's enough, I think, just knowing that Mutt doesn't treat individual
header lines the way formail does.  The solution is to simply search
the entire header, without restriction to Received: lines, or whatever.
...And don't forget the double backslash escape. :)

Cheers,

Jim