Re: regex 101 misunderstanding

* Jim <jimo@xxxxxxxxxx> [11-22-04 11:04]:
> But I don't see any ``+'' characters in your examples; that's what I'm
> trying to match.  Your examples work for me too, but unfortunately they
> don't address the question at hand.

I saw the '+'s in your examples, but did not understand that the '+'
was the stopping point.

> I assume because both Mutts I use seem to be compiled with Gnu regex
> capability, that they'd know how to match an escaped plus sign.  It
> seems to be such a simple, basic match that I'm really baffled that I
> can't get it to work.  Hence my Subject line...

According to TFM:
 4.2.  Patterns
 Where EXPR, USER, ID, and SUBJECT are `regular expressions''. Special
 attention has to be made when using regular expressions inside of
 patterns.  Specifically, Mutt's parser for these patterns will strip one
 level of backslash (\), which is normally used for quoting. If it is
 your intention to use a backslash in the regular expression, you will
 need to use two backslashes instead (\\).

Please try:
~h Received.*jimo\\+blah

gud luk
HOG # US1244711           Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/photos