Re: Large mailbox not recognized

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 10:21:51AM -0500, dsr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 03:34:19PM +0100, Robert Ian Smit wrote:
> > I am not longer able to read a mailbox that has become very large.
> > It's over 2 GB. When I use the change mailbox command and navigate
> > to /var/mail I can see the other, smaller mailboxes, but this large
> > one is not visible.
> >
> > Is there some kind of limit with regards to maximum file size in
> > Mutt?
[...]
> > The system is Debian unstable with Linux 2.6 kernel and the EXT3
> > filesystem.
>
> 2.6 with ext3 should have no problem with large files in and of
> itself.

Files over 2GByte require Large File Support from glibc. I never used it
myself but I think you need to compile mutt with a special preprocessor
define. See <URL:http://www.suse.de/~aj/linux_lfs.html> for an overview. (That
page applies to non-SuSE Linux distributions as well.)

Regards

Christoph
--
http://www.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/TI/Mitarbeiter/cludwig.html