Re: Checking for new mail in IMAP folders

On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 08:51:50PM -0500, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> On Sunday, October 31 at 01:24 PM, quoth Haakon Riiser:
> > [The following applies to Mutt 1.5.6i; CVS head from 2004-09-04.]
> >
> > I have tried to find a way to check for new mail in IMAP folders
> > without having to enter one of the folders.  My current solution
> > is this macro:
> >
> >   macro browser $ \
> >     "<search>INBOX.Sent\n<select-entry><change-folder>?<toggle-mailboxes>"
>
> How about setting all of your mailboxes using the "mailboxes" command,
> and then you can use the <check-new> to check all the mailboxes you
> listed.

So one has to edit .muttrc everytime a new mailbox is created? Or removed?
Bad. I asked about this problem with "mailboxes" some times on this list
but there was no solution. What I use currently is:

mailboxes =INBOX `echo lm|cyradm --auth gssapi imap.server 2>/dev/null|sed -e
unmailboxes =INBOX.Sent =INBOX.mbox

Ugly as hell, but works :(