Re: Checking for new mail in IMAP folders

[Kyle Wheeler]

> On Sunday, October 31 at 01:24 PM, quoth Haakon Riiser:
>> [The following applies to Mutt 1.5.6i; CVS head from 2004-09-04.]
>>
>> I have tried to find a way to check for new mail in IMAP folders
>> without having to enter one of the folders.  My current solution
>> is this macro:
>>
>>   macro browser $ \
>>     "<search>INBOX.Sent\n<select-entry><change-folder>?<toggle-mailboxes>"
>
> How about setting all of your mailboxes using the "mailboxes" command,
> and then you can use the <check-new> to check all the mailboxes you
> listed.

I have always listed them with the mailboxes command, so that
they'll show up when I do mutt -y, but mailbox checking still
only works for local mailboxes.  You might be right in that
it works after you've entered a folder, but that's not what I'm
asking about; I am talking about checking while in the folder view
(where you are after mutt -y).

But thanks for answering anyway!

--
 Haakon