Re: mutt and filtering

Hi,

* Michelle Konzack wrote (2004-10-27 22:10):
>Am 2004-10-25 22:15:20, schrieb Thorsten Haude:
>> Don't use Procmail. There are alternatives that are much more friendly
>
>Why ?

I guess because people got fed up with Procmail and wrote them.

Look at my other mail and try to post some Procmail solution for my
Maildrop snippets. After you failed, post some snippets from your
Procmail file to convert to Maildrop. (Yes, strictly speaking this is
a test of capabilities, not ease-of-use, but I think the latter will
be made clear on the way.)

>> Note that the first example would match 'testttttt' or 'tes'.
>
>'tes' does not work...

Yes, we covered that already, I neglected the Subject.

>So where is the problem using procmail...

I don't have a problem because I don't use it. I only don't like the
habit of recommending it to newbies without mentioning much better
alternatives. Procmail is what the average Windows user expect from
the average Linux program: Hard to understand yet fiercly defended for
its ease-of-use.

Thorsten
--
Scully: Do you have a theory?