Re: mutt and filtering

Hi,

* Luke (Terry) Vanderfluit wrote (2004-10-23 07:33):
>I would like to use mutt (currently evolution) and I'm getting the hang
>of using it, but I don't know how to do filtering.

Generally, the filtering is more useful if done outside the MUA. That
way you can switch from Mutt to another MUA more easily or even use
them both at once.

>So what am I doing wrong?

Don't use Procmail. There are alternatives that are much more friendly
to new users. In Maildrop your examples would look about this (I'm not
sure what Procmail makes of all the colons though):
    if (/Subject:.*test*/)
    {
        to ajug
    }

    if (/Subject:.*bla*/)
    {
        to nylug
    }

Note that the first example would match 'testttttt' or 'tes'.

Thorsten
--
As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others we should
be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours,