Re: mutt and filtering

* Luke (Terry) Vanderfluit <luke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [10-23-04 00:37]:
> I would like to use mutt (currently evolution) and I'm getting the hang
> of using it, but I don't know how to do filtering.
>
> If I run procmail (/usr/bin/procmail) as user (do I have to run it as
> user or as root?) and set up a .procmailrc file eg:

user and set up a ~/.procmailrc
with procmail set as your MDA (mail delivery agent) or
use the file ~/.forward containing
  "|/usr/bin/procmail", ie: "|/absolute/path/to/procmail"

A *very* good *beginner* guide to utilizing procmail may be found at:
   http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/
Nancy McGough's Procmail Quick Start

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> MAILDIR=/myS/mail/
> :0:
> * ^Subject:.*test*
> ajug
>
> :0:
> * ^Subject:.*bla*
> nylug

You probably did not have procmail set as MDA or not defined within
~/.forward and/or /myS/mail/ does not exist.  More normally,
  MAILDIR="$HOME/mail/"

read and follow the Quick Start by Nancy McGough.  It *is* great.
HOG # US1244711           Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/photos