Re: Scary encounter with Kmail but it can delete duplicates...

in message <20040927204102.GA30843@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, wrote Patrick
Shanahan thusly...

> * parv@xxxxxxxx <parv@xxxxxxxx> [09-27-04 13:05]:
> >
> > If Kmail indeed did delete the duplicates in the 2d case, i
> > would have to try it despite personal aversion to bloatware that
> > KDE & GNOME projects are.
>
> Why would you *even* consider something like Kmail after mutt,
> especially over something so trivial to deal with as duplicates?

You did not quote my full message in which the above stated 2d case,
now out of context, was the case of messages w/ DUPLICATE BODIES not
Message-IDs.

Using Kmail would have been a temporary solution -- to remove mails
w/ duplicate bodies -- to my laziness to write a mechanism myself.

> There are several procmail recipies to redirect dups and a simple
> mutt folder hook will do the same, or a manual group tag and
> delete/redirect.

They basically involve Message-ID NOT the message BODY.  I did try
searching including the procmail mailing list archive, btw; no
(dice|cigar|sugar|go).

  - Parv