Re: When is a sig not a sig?

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 05:38:06PM +0200, René Clerc wrote:
> * George <d1945@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [24-09-2004 17:22]:
>
> [...]
>
> I have no idea if I've answered your question / resolved your problem
> with this post..

LOL.  Actually, no.  I do feel better knowing that there's a specific
check_sig function that relates to what does/doesn't happen.  Does that
count?

I did yet another test on an email where the sig doesn't display
properly in mutt (I first verified that there was indeed a single space
after the double dash, both by invoking vi while in mutt, and by saving
the email to a file and checking with another editor).  Forwarding the
message to myself, the message comes back with no space after the two
dashes.  Go figure.

So ... something somewhere is stealing the space I went to great trouble
to insert.  I checked the headers of the original email, but couldn't
find any "X-MS-Foobar-Sig".

[long sigh]

Thanks again for the help, René.  FWIW I'll add that on the bright side,
I'm having so much fun that I'm now using mutt to read news (copied to
an mbox).  By itself, that may seem that unusual, but if you would have
asked me a few weeks ago what my opinion of email lists was, I would
have "Email?!!  Discussions are better handled on usenet and besides,
there doesn't exist any email client that can properly accommodate the
volume or have the features needed to make it worth the trouble."

Live and learn.

--
George