Re: Another encoding question...

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 01:03:13PM +0200, Alain Bench quoth:
> Hi Adeodato!
>
>  On Saturday, September 11, 2004 at 5:18:50 PM +0200, Adeodato Simó wrote:
>
> >| set nostrict_mime assumed_charset=iso-8859-1
> > should do. [but] the header 'Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary' seems
> > to mess up the things a little.
>
>     I see correct chars everywhere even with the CTE: binary. You
> probably were trapped in the annoying thing that these settings need a
> Mutt restart or <change-folder> before they apply totally. Right?

AHA! You're right!

What's worse, I am using the hcache patch, which cached the headers (as
well, apparently, as their encodings) in the folder I was looking at in
between instances of mutt. Only after removing the cache and letting it
get regenerated did those messages show up properly in the index. THANK
YOU!

~Kyle
--
We *can't* simply do our science and not worry about the ethical issues.
-- Bill Joy