Re: Freeze when receiving messages (maildir)

On Monday 13 September at 11:47am, Vincent Lefevre had this to say:

> When I receive new messages in the current folder (maildir format),
> Mutt always freezes for several seconds. Folders aren't very big
> (several hundred of messages).

I dunno if I'd go so far as to call it freezing.  One thing I do
notice is that if I hit 'c' (change folder), and get mail at the same
time, mutt ignores the request to change folders.

> And while downloading many messages
> with getmail, I can't use Mutt since it always freezes.

That's because you aren't running getmail in the background, isn't it?

--

Matthew M Davis
<mmd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>