Re: Another encoding question...

On Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 02:13:57PM +0900, Derek Martin wrote:
>   xterm -fn "-misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed-*-13-*-*-*-*-*-iso10646-*"
>
> Assuming you have this font on your system, it should contain glyphs
> for most of the major character sets.  If you don't like the size, you
> may need to play with and/or download different fonts that meet your
> needs.

Actually, if anyone knows where I can get bimapped fonts that have the
_entire_ UTF-8 character set in a variety of sizes, suitable for use
with terminal emulator programs, that would be very cool.

I should clarify that I don't like using xterm with FreeType fonts
(which is unfortunate, because otherwise it would solve the problem
quite nicely), because I find that they're much harder to read at
smaller sizes that the traditional bitmapped fonts.  I find that they
tend to look dimmer and more blurry.  I like small fonts, so yuck.

At larger sizes though, the freetype fonts doo look quite nice.  :)

-=-=-=-=-