Re: Another encoding question...

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 11:40:58PM -0500, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> So... I have gotten a few messages (e.g. several from the Bugtraq
> mailing list) that don't seem to show up right (they have some accented
> characters), and make mutt choke when displaying them in the file index
> (blank blocks). I've tried other mailers (e.g. Apple Mail) which seem to
> be able to display the From bits "right" (I think).

If you're seeing empty boxes, this means the glyph you're trying to
see is not contained in the font you're using.  Since you're using
UTF-8, try starting your xterm like this:

  xterm -fn "-misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed-*-13-*-*-*-*-*-iso10646-*"

Assuming you have this font on your system, it should contain glyphs
for most of the major character sets.  If you don't like the size, you
may need to play with and/or download different fonts that meet your
needs.

-=-=-=-=-