Re: Recent X11 errors ???

Hi Michael,

* Michael D Schleif <mds@xxxxxxxxxxx> [040908 20:46]:
> Recently, when mutt shells out to do things -- especially, to compose
> messages with vim -- I am seeing the following errors:

vim tries per default to connect to a running Xserver to make the
clipboard available to the user. If you don't have X11 running but a
DISPLAY variable set, it delays the start and gives errors like these.
To prevent vim to connect to X11 add the following to your .vimrc:

set clipboard=autoselect,exclude:.*

you could of course also unset DISPLAY or run vim -X, but that is ugly.
And who wants the damn clipboard anyway?

Honestly,
        Thomas