Re: automatic bcc each outgoing message

* On 2004.08.31, in <20040831135220.GC9389@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
*       "Isaac Claymore" <clay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "Also note that my_hdr commands which modify recipient headers, or the
> message's subject, don't have any effect on the current message when
> executed from a send-hook."
>
> I guess I must have some misconcepts somewhere, but according to the
> above notes, "my_hdr Bcc: ..." will not work in a send-hook, can you
> please give me some hint on this?

A my_hdr command will always work, once it's executed. What doesn't work
(as intended) is putting the my_hdr command inside a send-hook. This is
because my_hdr just adds a header to the draft file you're working on,
but send-hooks execute when the message is sent -- not when the draft is
created. So something like this:

        send-hook ~t james.earl.jones my_hdr X-Foo: bar

will add an X-Foo: header to all messages *after* your next message to
James Earl Jones.

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx                                  NSIT::ENSS