Re: Saving or copying messages as plain text files.

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004, David Purton wrote:

> I didn't read the rest of this thread so apologies if I'm repeating and
> not understanding, but can you not just pipe the message?
>
> If you need it in a file, just try this:     | cat > mesg

Yup, that works fine. But it's not so obvious as this thread shows. If
I were to design a solution it would be connected to the 's' function:
If you try to save to a location that's not an existing mailbox
the options should be 1 'do you want to create a mailbox?' or 2 'do you
want to save as plain text?'.

> This just sends the headers that you have set to view. If you want
> specific headers, you could probably accomplish it with a macro.

I will look into a macro. Thanks! :)

--
//Christian
Registered Linux User #228949 at: http://counter.li.org/