Re: Saving or copying messages as plain text files.

On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 07:22:38AM -0500, Christian Dysthe wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Aug 2004, Bernard Massot wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 08:13:38AM -0500, Christian Dysthe wrote:
> > > I am using maildir for my mail. However, sometimes I need to save or
> > > copy  a message as a plain text file. When I use 's' or 'c' a maildir
> > > is created. How do I save a message to a plain text file? I assumed
> > > this should be pretty obvious, but I am just not able to figure it
> > > out.
> > Go the attachement view and (s)ave the body.
> > --
> > Bernard Massot
> >
> Thank you, and all the others that have come up with solutions in this
> thread. Several of them work just fine. However, what I would _really_
> like is an easy way to save a text file containing essential header
> info and of course the body. Something like what muttprint prepares
> and sends to the printer (the layout I mean, not all the tetex stuff
> behind it).

I didn't read the rest of this thread so apologies if I'm repeating and
not understanding, but can you not just pipe the message?

If you need it in a file, just try this:     | cat > mesg

This just sends the headers that you have set to view. If you want
specific headers, you could probably accomplish it with a macro.

cheers

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a